Reporting to the Director of Student Activities, the eSports Coach must provide strategic leadership for the Esports program while supporting the wider mission and goals of the University. The Esports Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching the team including recruiting, training, supervision and coaching at practices, competitions and regular meetings with the team. The eSports Coach will advocate for the importance of an eSports program within the campus community, as well as the larger Kerrville community, and will serve as a role model of the high standards expected of our students. A successful candidate will have experience recruiting students, as well as cultivating friends of the various programs in an effort to meet enrollment and fundraising goals. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
- Use the University’s mission and strategic plan as a guideline to develop and direct the eSports programs.
- Ensure an environment that promotes student safety.
- Work with Director to monitor progress and eligibility of all students.
- Work with Director and admissions staff to establish annual recruitment goals.
- Serve on various campus committees as appointed by the Dean of Students.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students and their families.
- Develop a positive relationship with and play an active role in university and community events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services and Residence Life staff with respect to student needs and any issues related to student behavior.
- Ensure institutional compliance with the various governing bodies for the eSports program.
- Collaborate with Director in establishing a fundraising plan for Esports programs that meets the department’s annual fundraising goals and aligns with the University’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Prepare annual budget for eSports program.
- Develop practice schedules and a training program as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Director of Student Activities to integrate the team into the Schreiner Gaming Guild and provide support to the larger gaming community on campus.
- Coordinate with the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) to establish a collegiate level program within the conference.
- Ensure the highest ethical, moral, and spiritual standards for all aspects of the University’s programs.
- In coordination with auxiliary services, student activities, and athletics, promote and manage a summer camp program that helps to achieve the fundraising goals of the department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with the rules and intricacies of a particular game and play the game at a reasonable level yourself.
- Proficiency in teaching, analyzing players, identify strengths and weaknesses of your players and develop strategies.
- Ability to analyze opponents, create reports and communicate the data effectively with players.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic planning.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting student athletes.
- Experienced manager of people and budgets.
- Ability to cultivate alumni and booster participation.
- Proven fund-raising experience to support programs.
- Firm commitment to a student-centered culture and the academic success of students are essential.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record – it is preferred that the coach carry a CDL.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.