theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower sports and esports fan’s experience. theScore esports is the industry leading esports content creator, producing and covering the biggest stories from esports across video, web and our prominent social channels.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Produce written, social and video content for theScore esports.
- Write and help produce for theScore esports features, lists and social content.
- Pitch and contribute ideas and concepts.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the production of high quality work.
- Assist in any other relevant tasks related to video productions and/or distribution channels.
- Other duties as required.
- Proven experience as a content creator and writer, familiarity with video production a plus.
- Experience writing for broadcast or video content and/or editorial content.
- Be familiar with storytelling concepts like teasers, structure & flow, and identifying target audience.
- Familiarity with Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator a big plus!
- Experience with voice over or on-camera work a positive.
- An understanding of the social space (Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.).
- Creativity isn’t limited to degrees but an educational background in media or a relevant field is an asset.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and fast-paced environments.
- Able to work productively both individually and with team members.
- Potentially working at different locations, so accessibility is essential, a valid driver’s license is a plus.
- Available to work weekends and evenings when required.
- Knowledge of sports is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 19, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.