Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
For this temp role we are seeking a driven, passionate engineer to play a critical role in developing products that are key to the long-term strategic vision for the company.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
5-10 years' experience Linux administration
Minimum 3 years’ experience with AWS
Min 5 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
Min 5 years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
Min 5 years of hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Expert level understanding Linux
- Data modeling / almost DBA level
- Expert knowledge of AWS cloud management concepts and services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve & document RCA of highly complex environments
- Security design, implementation, monitoring & audit
- Expert knowledge of SaltStack orchestration & configuration management tools
- Experience deploying multiple frameworks to AWS and/or other cloud / hybrid-cloud environments supporting NodeJS, Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Ruby stacks
- Good understanding of containerization concepts
- Ability to implement CI/CD workflows using tools such as Jenkins
- Technical writing and documentation of architectural designs, application stacks, networks & security, processes
- Ability to script in order to automate tasks in bash and python. Ruby a plus
- Take ownership of automating virtual infrastructure deployment and configuration and develop CI/CD best practices across the team.
- Contribute to best practices across the team and be able to work in unsupervised fashion to complete tasks in an agile Kanban environment.
- Brief senior leadership and end users about the benefits of the solution, and the technology choices made.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and develop new virtual infrastructure for applications as they are onboarded.
- Lead the creation of CI/CD pipelines for applications, and script existing and new infrastructure using repeatable CloudFormation scripts.
- Assist in hybrid cloud deployments and contribute to best practices across the team.
- Brief senior leadership and end users at varying levels of familiarity with cloud technologies, about the technology selections, best practices, and benefits of our approach
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production, pre-production and dev environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of environments
- Build, release and configuration management of the above environments
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services
- Ensuring 24/7 system uptimes
- Design, implement, and execute backup, recovery and BCP
- Design, implement, and execute security standards
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Monitor AWS maintenance and outages, assess impact, and develop strategies to minimize impact;
- Author CloudFormation scripts, and help maintain existing script repository
- Work independently in an agile Kanban environment to complete tasks, report status, identify blockers, and pro-actively resolve issues
- Set up, configure and maintain a Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal form with varying audiences of developers, BAs and other stakeholders
- Self-starter, with an ability to pick up new AWS and scripting technologies
- Serve as highest level escalation point for all technical issues – On-call
- Capacity planning
- Develop lifecycles
- Overall responsibility for a maintaining a stable, secure, performant environment
- Deployments - deploy application stacks as necessary to multiple environments in AWS
- Patch management - perform patch management ensuring all hosts are up to standards, secure & compliant
- Reporting – provide meaningful reporting data to management & senior DevOps engineers
- On-call – must be available for on-call work