Company and Role Introduction
We are Gfinity! A leading international Esports business, created by gamers for the world’s 2.2bn gamers!
We offer advisory services and we design, develop and deliver unparalleled experiences and winning strategies for game publishers, sports rights holders, commercial partners and media companies.
- We help publishers deepen levels of engagement and broaden reach with gamers.
- We help Sports Rights holders’ future proof their franchises and bring in new younger fans.
- We help brands reach and be more relevant to young consumers.
- We help media companies create great gaming-based content that fans want to watch.
- We keep the gamer at the centre of our thinking, giving ourselves the greatest chance of winning in the marketplace.
Goals, Objectives and Responsibilities
The successful candidate for the Financial Controller role will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), regarding all financial and accounting activities.
- Continuous improvement of the new ERP system, NetSuite, to ensure it is utilised efficiently throughout the business and using it to its full functionality
- Manage tax related matters including liaising with external advisors and ensuring all filings are completed on time. This includes corporation tax, VAT, R&D, and withholding tax for non-resident entertainers and sports people.
- Managing relationships with various advisors plus banks and insurers
- Responsible for the Finance Manager, the Payroll Manager and split line management responsibility for the Office Manager/Finance Administrator
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Coordinating with external accountants to aid in the preparation of annual and interim financial accounts;
- Producing data analysis reports on internal operations for inclusion in investor reporting and commercial propositions
Key requirements (qualifications and skills)
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with at least 7 years PQE
- Knowledge of IFRS and preparation of group accounts
- Be forward looking and willing to identify and suggest improvements in the operation of the department
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment.
- Experience of working with an ERP system (Netsuite familiarity strongly preferred).
- Management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
- A proven track record of success in Financial Controller roles or similar;
- Experience in managing the accounts and financial processes of small-to-medium sized businesses
- An interest in the esports and/or gaming industry and passion about developing best practice and operational professionalism in the ecosystem;
- Teamworking qualities with the passion and drive to be part of the Finance team to contribute to the organisation’s success
Salary and Benefits: Highly competitive salary reflecting market rate and seniority of the role, occasionally working from home opportunities, health insurance including various discounts and gym membership discount. Business casual dress code, beer fridge Fridays, exciting and unique modern business, enhanced pension contribution, open plan office, company bonus, share options
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK. Gfinity cannot offer Visa sponsorhips.