This job has been listed for more than 90 days, it may no longer be available.
Multi-million dollar prize pools. Packed events at Staples Center, Madison Square Garden, and Seoul World Cup Stadium. 250 million active players worldwide. Millionaire pro-players. Welcome to the world of esports.
We are the tip of the spear for esports
- Battlefy is where esports is created and discovered – it’s the easiest way to create, manage, and find esports competitions
- Battlefy is the esports platform trusted globally by game studios, publishers, brands, and leagues to create, market, and scale organized gaming competitions
- Battlefy is used by more than 40,000 esports organizations to produce professional tournaments and leagues
- We were founded well before the Associated Press confirmed the correct spelling for “esports,” and we’re backed by gaming and media industry veterans and Silicon Valley funded
- We’re growing, and we need passionate talent to drive the company to the next level
About our team
Esports and gaming is in our DNA. We grind League of Legends as part of our product testing, practice CSing obsessively in DOTA2, and are adamant about Ultimate Infestation giving way too much value in Hearthstone. We never pick Hanzo in Overwatch but are always willing to fill; and we’re always ready to blast goals from outside the box in either FIFA or Rocket League. And, recently, we added frying pans to the dress code; thanks, PUBG.
We’ll want you because
- Your network in community esports is extensive and well regarded in your region
- You have your own esports organization and have grown it using Battlefy
- You have the drive and discipline to engage in an outreach program to evangelize Battlefy
- You’re coachable, and you understand that to become the best version of you that you’ll need mentoring and humility
- You iterate in a fast-paced dynamic environment, preferring speed and timeliness over perfection
- You take initiative, manage deliverables, and meet deadlines
What you’ll do
- Conduct an outreach program the identifies, targets, and recruits users who will benefit from using Battlefy’s tools and features for tournament creation, management, and distribution
- Work with the product development team to provide the right user experience for tournament creation, management, and distribution
- Aid in ensuring that Battlefy’s support process is vigilant and primed to serving our community’s needs and questions
- Maintain a dashboard of metrics to prove on a monthly basis that your work is driving results
- Collaborate across the team to get things executed timely and on budget
- Build relationships with key gaming/esports executives and influencers
Who would want this role
- Someone who has managed communities of gamers on forums, Reddit, YouTube, and other social platforms
- Someone who is inherently a people-person – someone who loves talking to people, loves learning about them, and wants them to become successful
- Someone who was an active member of their university’s gaming/esports club and now seeks a full-time position in esports
- Someone who loves seeing the entire gaming/esports ecosystem grow and be successful
Who you don’t need to be
- You don’t need to be in Vancouver. We have team members in NYC, Iowa City, Sao Paulo, and Vilnius. We figured out the virtual model. You need to be fluent in English – we love polyglots!
- You don’t need to be a start-up veteran. If you’re down for the risk and willing to devote the energy and fortitude to make Battlefy as huge and as awesome as it promises to be, we’ll give you more than a fair chance at joining the team.
What you’ll get
- Competitive compensation with equity participation
- Responsibility to match your horsepower and capabilities
- Flat organization built on meritocracy
- Insider access to new games and esports events
- Opportunity to be at the ground floor of one the fastest growing companies leading esports