Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated person to help execute our esports projects and operations. The esports coordinator will work with other Blizzard teams including community, development, public relations, legal, finance and marketing to help support and execute esports programs, tournament licenses, and initiatives. Other responsibilities include writing announcements, coordinating with external tournament organizers, collecting both internal and external event reports, and gathering community feedback for Blizzard Entertainment websites, as well as various administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position is an avid gamer familiar with Blizzard Entertainment games with experience in managing multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced environment while coordinating with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. Essential attributes include excellent communications and interpersonal skills, an ability to multitask and remain focused in high-pressure situations. In addition, the esports coordinator must be highly self-motivated, organized, and enthusiastic about tournament and events organization.
- Manage day to day administrative operations and upkeep for a variety of programs.
- Coordinate Blizzard Entertainment’s participation in consumer, trade, and esports events.
- Manage and oversee the execution of tournament licenses for external tournament organizers and partners.
- Actively monitor and maintain esports mailboxes and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Help maintain Blizzard esports websites including data entry and general maintenance as needed.
- Write announcements for Blizzard Entertainment’s events and tournaments.
- Track and report task status to appropriate stakeholders in a timely and consistent manner.
- Support external event organizers, partners, teams, and players as needed.
- Administer and support Blizzard Entertainment-run tournaments.
- Provide timely reporting on summaries of events and other esports programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- A passion for esports, the esports community and Blizzard games
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiar with competitive gaming, pro-gaming, ladders, and tournaments
- Organized, extremely detail-focused, and driven to consistently meet project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Understands resource limitations and able to communicate challenges
- Self-motivated and able to multitask effectively
- Able to work overtime and weekends, and able to travel as needed
- Excellent communications skills in verbal and written English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel for events
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience organizing, competing in, and / or coordinating live events.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing