Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate senior software engineer to help us build epic experiences for our players working on the StarCraft 2 game and Esports sites, Heroes of the Storm game and Esports sites, as well as community APIs. Our ideal candidate will share our passion for building world class web based experience for our players.
This position within the Blizzard web and mobile department will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, editors, testers, and external vendors to help build the future of our web sites around StarCraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm. They will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable web applications and APIs as well as integrating vendor projects into our environments.
- Work with cross-functional teams and third-parties to help manage and deliver epic web experiences for Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft 2, and Tespa.
- Break down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed.
- Write clean, testable, maintainable, and documented code.
- Maintain an open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional web development environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with remote development teams
- Extensive expertise in at least one area of web development, be it back-end, front-end, or building APIs
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's core values
- Experience with application containerization, e.g. Docker
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience using Java / Spring
- Experience using Node.js / Express
- Experience using LESS / SASS, Gulp, jQuery, and other front end technologies
- Experience with Jade, Handlebars, Freemarker, or another web template engines
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive web sites and applications
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!