Weekly Esports Jobs Roundup #2
A look at the latest esports jobs available at exciting startups, established teams and monsters like Microsoft.
Welcome to Weekly Roundup #2, the second edition of our new editorial feature that highlights a selection of the best esports jobs available right now.
If you checked out our first edition and you're back for more, we just want to say that we greatly appreciate the support!
If you just like what we do generally then feel free to send us a DM @HitmarkerJobs and let's have a chat.
Before we get into it fully, let's take a look at this week's statistics:
- In the last seven days we’ve posted 59 jobs from 36 different esports organisations based in 7 different countries.
- Of these 66.1% were full-time paid, 5.1% were part-time paid and 5.1% were freelance paid. 3.4% were internships and 20.3% were volunteer positions, meaning a total of 76.3% were paid roles and just 23.7% were unpaid - that’s pretty good going!
- Finally, in terms of location 49.2% were based in the USA, 35.6% were remote (anywhere) and 6.8% in France. 3.4% of the jobs came from Sweden, with Denmark, Germany and the UK each accounting for 1.7%.
Time to get rolling!
The injuries plaguing the Orlando Magic in the NBA this season haven't stopped them from making moves in esports with Magic Gaming, and to solidify their entrance into the scene even more they are now hiring:
If you're lucky enough to get this awesome job, you'll be responsible for creating and enhancing the revenue streams related to esports programs for the Orlando Magic.
- Strive to achieve company and department goals and objectives while meeting Esports sales goals
- Achieve Esports sales quotas through new business using advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience is required
- Minimum of 2 years of sponsorship sales experience required (sponsorship, media sales and broadcast sales experience is preferred)
Hopefully that one was for you, but if not let's move on from one of the biggest teams in the NBA to a big team in a more traditional esports sense: Splyce.
This beast of an organisation are based in North America and have a 3/4 UK COD team, including the infamous TOMMEY (we like Tommey).
#OnTheHunt is their hashtag and they are literally opening their door to storytellers. Don't believe us? Check this out:
Do you have experience in video content development? Are you passionate about storytelling and autonomous? This may just be what you're looking for!
- Help to drive a narrative around Splyce's pro team coverage
- Manage own video content projects
- 3+ years of production experience in a small to mid-size studio environment
- Knowledgeable in cinematography, lighting and audio either on location or in-studio
Keeping the ball rolling with another opportunity at a big team, this next one is from an organisation that has just been acquired.
Their co-founder is none other than Steve Aoki, an American musician/DJ.
No we didn't make this up, Rogue are hiring:
It's an exciting time for Rogue and to kill at this job you'll need to be something of an extrovert. If you're good with people and have experience in esports, business, marketing and sponsorship then you should keep reading:
- Locate, develop, negotiate and close business relationships / sponsorship deals on behalf of Rogue
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market trends, available background info on potential partner(s), deal requirements and options for partnership
- 2-4 years of sponsorships sales experience
- Rolodex of contacts from esports, gaming, sports, entertainment and/or music industries
We're going to completely flip the script with the next one (maybe even a triple back, 180 degree flip...)
Stick with us, as there's a good reason why we've included it: a lot of people don't realise these roles exist within esports.
To enable the scene to grow we need to attract people who may not spend half their life on Half Life, CS:GO or Overwatch (guilty as charged, your honour).
So without further ado, take a look at what ESL posted this week:
They've realised that if you were playing the word association game and "esports job" came up, the last thing you would say is "travel agent!".
- Taking care for customers in disposition tasks by telephone, e-mail and in person
- Researching, offering and booking flights, hotels, rental cars, train-trips, etc.
- Several years of work experience as a travel agent or in the travel industry
- Speak and write fluent in English and German
READ MORE AND APPLY NOW
We're going to do our utmost to ensure that the weekly round-up doesn't just hype roles from the biggest organisations by featuring opportunities at exciting startups and new teams too.
Speaking of... Gamebiddy is competitive matchmaking platform that allows players to put their skills to the test against other players in their favourite games, while being able to win real rewards, recognition and the potential to go pro:
These guys clearly value experience and don't hang their hats on qualifications, which is why we love this one. If you have the experience, they are willing to pay you for it ($80k+ starting salary):
- You do not need to have a BA or BS. Gamebiddy value passion, persistence and creativity
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience or can demonstrate that you are as good or better than those who do
Technologies and Concepts You Absolutely Need to Know:
- Python, Django, Unit Testing, Security Best Practices, MVC, SQL, Caching, Celery, ZeroMQ, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS and OOP
343i is an American game developer, established by Microsoft to oversee development of the Halo franchise. Halo 4 was the first edition 343i took the lead on and they're going strong with their latest release, Halo Wars 2.
They're also hiring right now:
They're looking for an experienced producer to help drive and deliver seamless and delightful content experiences that are timely, compelling, exciting and engaging to Halo’s growing audience base.
- Plan, produce, and deploy new content across studio-owned channels according to evolving content strategy and in alignment with business opportunities and audience interests
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external content partners
- 5+ years working in games
- 5+ years of production experience
Hmm, it looks like it's "Team Week" this week because we have another opportunity with one of the big dogs coming up next!
This "clan" was founded in 2000 and are now one of the biggest names in esports.
We present to you an awesome remote opportunity with Team Liquid:
To be successful in this role you will need to have your finger on the pulse of esports, keeping up with the ever-changing landscape.
It's all about communication, communication, communication.
You'll need to be part of the community, listening to the feedback and bringing the fans closer to the players, teams and staff.
- Coordinate with content production teams and the social media team to create assets and promote team and player content in the relevant communities
- Submit content ideas for social media and the team site based on community sentiment and desires
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Background in community management preferred
READ MORE AND APPLY NOW
To finish off, let us mount our little pedestal once more (very briefly, we promise!)
The esports scene is full of volunteer roles that can lead to bigger things, whether they come with the same organisation further down the line or elsewhere via the experience you gain while giving up your time for free.
This means that whenever we see an advert for a volunteer role that was clearly crafted with care and precision we'll do our best to highlight it.
Just look at how good this is, from Team Electi:
These guys are a UK-based esports team who are looking to raise the bar, set new standards and absolutely crush the scene.
The Community Manager will grow and maintain their fan base across social channels and on their website.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Background in Community Management
- Coordinate with the Management teams to set and work towards quarterly goals
- Submit your content ideas to our Content Team who will turn your thoughts into an article
READ MORE AND APPLY NOW
So there you have it, a selection of best esports jobs from the 59 that were posted at Hitmarker this week!
We hope there's something here that's ideal for you, but if not then please be sure to head to the website and search by your desired location or sector. We've got big changes to that functionality (and job alerts) coming in the near future that should make finding exactly what you want a whole lot easier!
Finally, if you're a job hunter who has stumbled upon this post and you're not already signed up with us, then get on board HERE. It's completely free to use our service and we do everything we can to find as many esports jobs as is humanly possible. We guarantee that we post more than any other resource you'll find.
If you're in charge of hiring for a company, organisation or team then you'll be happy to know that Hitmarker is also FREE for you too. Sign up right HERE and start posting your roles to the biggest and most targeted database of esports job hunters online right away!
Feel free to give us a follow on Twitter @HitmarkerJobs too. We're always liking or retweeting cool posts related to opportunities at all levels of the industry.
See you next week for #3,
The Hitmarker Team
Questions? Comments? Suggestions?