This position would be employed by an external agency (Volt), working onsite with Activision Publishing.
The Audio Designer role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and Development Studios to produce high-quality audio assets. Here you will have the unique opportunity to assist in sound design and editorial tasks on a wide variety of titles, as well as add your creative touch to cinematics, trailers and other multimedia projects.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production, and implementation as required
- Record original sounds for Foley and Sound Design
- Record live on location for livestreams and on-camera filming
- Have an “ear to the ground” on new music – from popular artists and music libraries
- Work closely with the Audio Creative Team Lead to establish a unique sonic identity for Activision produced cinematics and trailers
- Implements feedback from customer teams
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Intermediate audio editing, synthesis, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with current pro-audio tools, such Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Abelton Live and other professional software and plug-ins
- Understanding of next gen console audio functionality and capabilities
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize deadlines
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- A demo reel
- 2-3 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
- Customer Service experience a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica,CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.