Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 195 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios, Media Networks and Consumer Products, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
The Business Lead is tasked with optimizing the Chief People Officer’s time and carrying out the CPO’s agenda throughout the company. This role will work closely with the Chief People Officer’s direct and indirect reports to ensure effective communication and organization. This role provides broad exposure across HR, Facilities and Security and is intended to be a development role for future leadership opportunities in the company.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Ensure the CPO’s leadership team and their staffs correctly interpret, understand and carry out the CPO’s direction and strategic vision.
- Assist the CPO in managing a strong and effective leadership team to enable the successful implementation of the CPO’s vision and strategy.
- Act as a proxy and information funnel, filter and facilitator for the CPO.
- Work closely with senior executives throughout the company to identify and mobilize resources to support strategic objectives.
- Lead some of the special projects initiated by the CPO.
- Coordinate projects and commitments directly involving the CPO.
- Ensure alignment among often disparate internal and external stakeholders; and when such alignment is absent, recommend mitigating approaches to the CPO.
- Draft impactful and professional communications on behalf of the CPO on tight timelines.
- Ensure CPO is prepared for meetings with the appropriate materials.
- Analyze business data to determine the feasibility and impact of various business plans.
- Proactively identify and raise issues that could impact the CPO’s agenda.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished and highly resourceful consultant or analyst in the media/technology industries with an established track record of success at managing complex relationships throughout a global organization and having real operational impact. S/he demonstrates a combination of tenacity and flexibility, as well as a willingness to work behind-the-scenes to get things done. As the CPO’s "trusted advisor," excellent judgement, strong relationship and emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and superior analytical skills are a must.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of professional experience in operational and support roles with the proven ability to interact with and influence senior leaders in an organization. This position requires high energy, a strong work ethic, outstanding communications and interpersonal skills and an ability to rapidly learn and understand new business concepts.
Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution is required.
- Excellent judgement, obsessive attention to detail, great multitasking, and high motivation to get things done
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven presentation skills, with the ability to generate high impact and visually appealing slides that are appropriate for the Board of Directors and senior executive level
- Highly collaborative working style that relies on interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, build relationships, engage and motivate people
- Customer-oriented and highly responsive
- Established reputation as a business partner and advisor (experience in professional services is preferred, but not required)
- Passion for people and Activision Blizzard’s business
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
*The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.