- Partner with a team of designers building compelling worlds, systems, and gameplay on one of our award-winning franchises.
- Work closely with the design leadership on level design layout, scripting events, systems implementation, design documentation, and all things gameplay-related.
- Spend a summer in one of these locations: Southern California, Northern California, Wisconsin, or New York.
- Must be a current student pursuing their bachelors, masters, or PhD.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting on May 28th or June 24th.
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, or similar 3D editor)
- Intuitive understanding of how action games work and why people play them
- Programming/scripting experience in C/C++, Lua or other languages is a plus
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful designer in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
Audio: Compose and implement audio to create an immersive experience.
Core Gameplay: Design, craft, and implement a robust sandbox of gameplay systems.
Systems: Drive long-term player engagement through various game wide systems such as XP and rewards.
UX: Identify and mitigate game-to-user communication issues to provide cohesive, predictable, and desirable effects.
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2019 summer. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision's corporate headquarters.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Spyro®, Sekiro™ and Destiny®. More information about Activision and its products and services can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com