Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 195 countries, and we’re continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios, Media Networks and Consumer Products, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Provide Human Resources business partnership to the AP Finance organization. Work with business leaders in all aspects of the people strategy, including the development and execution of HR initiatives.
- This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Work with leaders to understand their organization and people needs, build effective HR strategies to support those needs and execute on plans with actions that tie back to the team’s goals and HR objectives
- Own the talent agenda; provide full scope HR partnership to leaders including: executive coaching, employee relations, incentive and compensation actions, structure and leveling, employee engagement and culture development, organizational design, change management, employee communications, performance management and people development
- Influence leadership to make decisions that achieve their objectives while acting in the best interest of the company
- Partner closely with HR corporate centers of excellence to design and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Create workforce plans that support the function’s strategy and empower the talent acquisition team to deliver on recruiting plans and needs
- Develop talent and succession plans; investigate trends from talent assessments and leadership input to address capability/succession gaps; ensure talent plans are referenced and used throughout the year
- Identify levers to drive employee engagement across assigned corporate groups, coaching managers and employees to own their engagement
- Provide analysis and recommendations for organizational change, help set direction and provide appropriate resources
- Build relationships with leaders to ensure proactivity in engaging and retaining talent
- Assess/Identify HR strategy/policy/process improvements as needed and work with the HR team to implement
- Proactively identify future team needs and develop long-term plans to support business objectives
- Develop the overall HR function, ensuring appropriate representation of assigned functions while creating new HR processes, systems and approaches that progress the company as a whole
- Manage other special projects on an as needed basis
- Degree educated
- 4+ years in progressively responsible HR roles, preferably in a corporate environment supporting corporate functions at a high-tech, CPG or creative company
- Deep familiarity and understanding of all areas of the Human Resources function
- Experience working with and influencing senior executives
- Demonstrated success operating as a strategic HR business partner
- Ability to build relationships, credibility and trust with employees and management
- Business-oriented communication with strong executive presence, including a demonstrated history of developing/delivering senior-level presentations and supporting senior leaders
- Able to tailor messages to a variety of audiences, craft complex communications for all levels within client groups and convey updates and training presentations to small or large groups
- Ability to translate business objectives/priorities into a corresponding people plan
- Highly collaborative team player with other HR team members, employees, and managers
- Ability to work independently in ambiguous and uncertain environments
- Proactive problem-solving orientation
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
*The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.