We believe that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our beliefs, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators. At TwitchCon we revealed some of our new projects to the world: https://games.amazon.com/games.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with talent and expertise in services and network testing, building tools/automation, and performing white box testing. This is a full time software engineering role that developers with Test or Tools development experience will excel in. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by “that’s not how we do things here.” You’ll have an opportunity to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You’ll have a tangible impact on our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
- Define and create the automated test framework and toolset across multiple studios for PC game titles.
- Provide expert feedback to development teams to ensure testability and mitigate risk.
- Identify, investigate, and propose test solutions for game services and technical features.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 2+ yrs in an SDET role.
- Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Experience working with, customizing, and extending test automation frameworks.
- Talent and expertise in white box testing.
- Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication, with the ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and report results.
- Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
- Experience creating and expanding powerful automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- Experience with large scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
- Experience working in an Agile and Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience with sampling and instrumented performance profiling tools.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation