Job description overview:
The person in this role will be mainly in charge of planning and execution of effective Gaming Ecosystem plan and Technical PR strategy, together with the marketing team and product manager, contributing to build and enhance the media exposure of ASUS products (gaming, PC, smartphones) in Spain. He / She will be in charge to provide gaming and technical content and support in order to adapt and communicate the product and brand message correctly and effectively to the right target audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study and be an expert in the gaming (eSports) industry (market and competitive analysis, gamer segmentation and insights).
- Study and be an expert in ASUS SYS products (PC, smartphone, gaming) in touch with global TPR / CPM teams.
- Technical content & sample management (localization or creation of technical content, images, videos, product technical specs, marketing written materials incl. catchy titles and taglines, Q&A) for media/influencer reviews.
- Technical speeches and support in press conferences, technical seminars, PR and B2B events, training to internal teams & last mile.
- Build strong relationships with key gaming and technical journalists and influencers to hit positive media exposure and engagement, product awards and crisis control.
- Find the key partners to develop the gaming (eSports) business and increase the company brand image (agencies, event organizers, gamers…).
- Work with rest of marketing team and product managers to leverage gaming marketing strategy and technical public relations into 360 communication campaigns.
- Address technical inquiries and provide customer support in social sites and forums.
- Reporting to confirm goal achievement and internal budgeting system handling
Years of Education
- University degree or equivalent with a technical background.
- Knowledge of the gaming and eSports community and cycle (incl. familiar with playing video games)
- Technical background, in-depth knowledge of gaming/ computer/smartphone markets
- Master and/or any other further qualification in marketing is appreciated.
- Minimum 2 years of gaming marketing and TPR experience is needed.
- Various successful gaming marketing / TPR campaigns experience in the last 12 months into the IT industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out strategy and drive to objective, identifying threats and opportunities.
- Results monitoring (ROI)
- Relevant experience in international companies is appreciated.
- Former experience/background in entrepreneur, sales and product management is highly valued.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong ownership, intention to reach the target under pressure and willing to take challenges.
- Gaming and Technical content management (samples, images, video and written)
- Solid knowledge of media panorama in Spain related to gaming and tech industry
- Knowledge of procedures and good logic thinking behind PR, gaming social media and events
- Capability in building strategic, multilevel and teamwork relationship is needed
- Capability in multi-tasking, organizational planning and dealing with complexity in a multinational environment /culture is needed
- Energetic, passionate, proactive, self-organized and business result-driven approach is needed
- Strong Excel and office package skills.
- Office Environment
- Must be able to travel 35% of the time.
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
Please apply with your resume and attach your response for your questionnaire answers:
- Please, describe your experience in the last 2 years including the project you are most proud of and the case with best learnings to improve.
- Which main KPIs have you been used to monitor your results and make recommendations?
- What role is playing TPR in a 360º product launch campaign?
- Which technical media and influencers have you been working with?
- Which partners have you been working within the gaming industry (agencies, event organizers, gamers…)?
- Why do you think you are the best candidate for this position?