Job Description Overview:
Are you passionate about PC gaming and hardware? We’re looking for an amazing writer and experienced editor to join the team creating content for our Edge Up (edgeup.asus.com) and ROG (rog.asus.com) websites. The position involves writing engaging and informative articles, creating supporting photography and other imagery, and editing contributions from both in-house staff and external freelancers.
Our primary focus is on ASUS and ROG products, their underlying technologies, and how they work in the real world. We also create content related to PC gaming and esports, and some travel to events may be required to gather first-hand experience and other materials for related articles.
Successful applicants will collaborate with the content team and other groups to develop creative stories that support products and other marketing activities. They should be comfortable meeting deadlines in a fast-paced publishing environment, committed to maintaining a high standard of quality, and capable of both giving and receiving editing feedback.
Working remotely from home is possible, but some travel to our office in Fremont, CA is required. Candidates do not need to live in CA.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Write and edit articles, guides, and other content related to products, technologies, gaming, esports, and marketing activities
- Create images and graphs to supplement written content
- Test and research products and technologies to gather information for content and internal use
- Collaborate on other written content and marketing activities
Experience and education:
- At least five years relevant experience in tech journalism or marketing
- Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills (in English)
- Proof-reading and editing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of PC hardware—and the ability to explain it using accessible, conversational language
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google productivity applications
- Strong photography and image editing skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Infectious passion for technology
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects, and write on tight timelines
- Hard-working and self-motivating
- Creative mindset
- Working knowledge and experience with WordPress
- Familiarity with performance benchmarking methods and tools
- Remotely from home with occasional travel to events and our Fremont, CA office
- Local candidates may work in our Fremont, CA office