Would you like to save your resume to your profile to apply with in future? If you already have one saved, this will overwrite it.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. We build and deliver games, content and online services to millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Your role as part of Global Analytics and Insights Technology (GAIT) will be to build last-mile global analytics and reporting solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in titles such as Apex Legends, Battlefield, and Star Wars Battlefront.
You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies.
What a Data Engineer does at EA
- Maintain and enhance our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Develop and maintain data sets to support reporting and exploratory analytics.
- Develop and own core tools, frameworks, and our Kubernetes-based platform.
- Assess and recommend available and emerging big data technologies.
- Contribute to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success.
What skills does the next great Data Engineer bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar.
- Be fluent in Python and some flavour of SQL.
- Write clean, effective, re-usable code that can be used to scale applications.
- Have experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- Built and used CI/CD pipelines in the past - Docker experience is essential.
- Proactive to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies.
What additional skills would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as Java, Scala and C#.
- Have actively used Kubernetes + Helm and other orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Are comfortable using infra-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Bring a “If it can be automated, it will be automated” mentality.
- Experience with adapting purpose-built applications into cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Spent time throttling multiple systems to achieve target performance for SLAs.
- Understand the physical and logical design of cloud-native database such as Snowflake.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
This job has expired and applications are now closed.
Video Game Expert and/or Coach
1 day ago by PureSkill.gg
Paid • Senior • Freelance
SOCIAL MEDIA AND COMMUNITY MANAGER FREELANCE
13 days ago by CATURIX
Paid • Intermediate • Freelance
Java Developer (d/m/f)
11 days ago by Bayes Esports Business Solutions GmbH
Paid • Intermediate • Full Time
League Operations Coordinator - Apex Legends
14 hours ago by Electronic Arts
Los Angeles (California), USA
Paid • Junior • Full Time