Would you like to save your resume to your profile to apply with in future? If you already have one saved, this will overwrite it.
Contract Length - 20 months, with opportunity to extend
ESL UK are the project lead, as part of a 6 business consortium, for an ambitious governmentally funded research & development project which has been commissioned through the Industry Strategy Challenge Fund. The consortium is codenamed Weavr and consists of; ESL UK, REWIND, University of York, Focal Point VR, Dock10 & Cybula. The consortium has been awarded £4m in funding to create a framework for personalised AI powered immersive experiences for audiences in esports.
The role will be responsible for a technical delivery of all software development across the project partners and from ESL UK. You will liaise across organisations to ensure all software development packages are being delivered into the overall project scope. Working closely with the Global Project Lead who sits within ESL UK.
You will be required to provide weekly updates to the consortium around software development and to present at the quarterly meetings with the government liaison officer.
You will report directly to the Project Lead, as well as help to present information and updates to the MD & COO, both of whom will be spending ~25% of their time on the project. You will be part of a team of 13 within ESL UK working on the project, with further members of ESL UK staff contributing during key milestones such as demonstrations at ESL events.
The role requires someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an interest in joining a project at a key early stage. With plenty of opportunity to grow into the business line as it expands post the 2 year project deliverables.
Your future responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate software development updates and information across the consortium members, including organising regular tech focused meetings.
- Measure consortium members tech deliverables against the project plan.
- Manage all ESL UK’s software deliverables using project management software and best practice methodologies.
- Work closely with the project’s Lead Project Manager who also sits within ESL UK.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Complete development project milestones on time and to budget.
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience, and experience in software architecting.
- 5 years of lead software developer experience.
- Experience leading large and complex software development projects
- C#, C++ and Python.
- Experience across front-end and back-end technologies.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Experience in networking and data streaming.
- Being part of delivering large multi-stakeholder projects.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of project management methodologies and frameworks, i.e. Agile/Scrum.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of project management software packages such as Hansoft, Jira, Open Project & MS Project.
Nice to have:
- Machine learning & algorithms.
- Keen gamer/esports fan.
- Working in a startup.
- Line Management responsibility:
- Line Manager of 5 reports for the project.
ESL is the world's largest & leading eSports company, operating various online and offline competitions such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, CS:GO Pro-League as well as numerous regional and national leagues. ESL has offices in 13 different countries and operations on all continents with around 500 employees. The global Headquarters is in Cologne, and we belong to MTG (Modern Times Group).
We are an incredibly fast paced digital company, driven by the passion for creating this new chapter of the sports entertainment history. We value independent minds, initiative and start-up mindset. We give quickly responsibilities and opportunities, with us you really can be somebody and have a positive impact.
This job has expired and applications are now closed.
Designer, Growth Marketing
7 days ago by PlayVS
Santa Monica (California), USA
Paid • Senior • Full Time
Senior Back- End Programmer (Gaming Company)
9 hours ago by BRAVOCOMPANY
Paid • Senior • Full Time
Research Associate in UX Design for Game-Based Learning
11 days ago by The University of York
Paid • Intermediate • Full Time
Campus Gaming Ambassador
9 minutes ago by Collegiate Starleague
Paid • Entry • Freelance