Would you like to save your resume to your profile to apply with in future? If you already have one saved, this will overwrite it.
This position involves writing up features, news articles, patch notes, player news, leaks, and any and all happenings in the Fortnite scene.
The Fortnite writer is expected to cover breaking news in the scene (leaks, patches, trades, player movement, etc.) quickly and accurately. Additionally, because much of Fortnite news is player-driven instead of tournament-driven, the Fortnite writer will be asked to cover Fortnite events and happenings that are not necessarily esports related.
Who You Are
- You know what a lede is!
- You understand how to write a news article using the Inverted Pyramid style.
- A passion for esports – not just a single team, player, or game. You love it all.
- You’re someone who doesn’t mind taking constructive criticism. You work with us; we’ll work with you.
- You’re willing to work hard - you virtually “show up” for your assigned shifts, day after day. Some day’s you’re going to be buried in news, and some days it’s going to be a slow day.
- You’ve got a deep understanding of Social Media, gaming trends, and knowledge of the Fortnite scene (other games are a bonus!).
- You’ve got an eye for developing stories and are able to identify them as important quickly and accurately.
- You’re allergic to passive voice.
- You take pride in your work – submitting an article full of grammatical and organizational errors fills you with dread.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism, English, Communications, or Marketing (1-2 years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a traditional degree)
- Excellent writing abilities – Breaking news requires the ability to quickly summarize and convey the relevant information with little to no grammatical corrections.
- Able to act independently on tasks assigned to you
- Intimate knowledge of AP style
- Ability to understand and work under ESTNN’s brand guidelines
- A working knowledge of writing for SEO
- Ability to cover news at the drop of a hat – we work quickly here at ESTNN, and we expect you to work quickly as well.
- An eye for trends in the Fortnite community. Is something building steam and transitioning into relevant news? We want the Fortnite writer to be able to notice that and take advantage.
This job has expired and applications are now closed.
Overwatch Video Script Writer
24 days ago by Akshon Esports
Paid • Junior • Freelance
Digital Asset Coordinator - Call of Duty League
1 hour ago by Blizzard Entertainment
Irvine (California), USA
Paid • Junior • Full Time
Community Marketing Specialist
1 hour ago by MSI
Industry (California), USA
Paid • Junior • Full Time
Channel Marketing Associate
1 hour ago by CORSAIR
Fremont (California), USA
Paid • Intermediate • Full Time
Advanced UX Researcher
1 hour ago by Electronic Arts
Redwood City (California), USA
Paid • Senior • Full Time
Visual Web Designer (Contractor per hour) - B2B
1 hour ago by Battlefy
Remote (North America)
Paid • Intermediate • Freelance