IGN is looking for a passionate associate video technician who is able to support simple-to-medium complexity productions, largely centered around let's plays and three-camera studio shoots. Hands-on training will be offered, but you must have some experience, as well as references.
What does that mean exactly?
- Support setup and oversight for: capturing gameplay, live streams, and studio work.
- Understand and executive technical aspects of live and live-to-tape productions
- Help maintain infrastructure used for productions and post-production
- Oversee organization of bays, control room, video cages, etc.
- Analyze and resolve issues with video equipment and infrastructure
What will get you in the door?
- 1-3 years of Technical Production experience
- Desire to seek out info on the latest video gadgets from scalers, to encoders, to cameras, and more
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
- A positive, problem-solving attitude. A desire to learn
- Patience and a sense of humor
- Passion for IGN and/or video games
It would be extra awesome if you had…
- Experience executing streaming live events
- Control room experience in being a technical director, playback op, audio engineer, etc.
- Experience configuring and maintaining enterprise level live encoders
- Experience with Avid NEXIS/ISIS or similar media servers (e.g. Facilis)
- Some understanding of emerging web-video technologies
- Experience managing video asset archives (LTO, etc.)
- Adobe Premiere and/or Avid Media Composer experience
- Have worked or assisted in a technical role in online video media, TV, and/or at a game-centric company
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- Live and breathe video games, see secrets before the rest of the world
- Lots of opportunity to dream big and make things happen
- People who like to have fun, share some beers and plot your demise in the arcade/game room
- Open and casual work environment
- Great benefits, discounts, and bonus programs
- A plethora of arcade and console games and fully-automated latte machines, ready to satisfy your caffeine craving
Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.