An IGN Editorial Producer creates video content and participates as visible face and voice of the brand. In addition to core feature production, this role has a strong emphasis on developing and leading personality- and opinion-based content, defining voice, and appears on camera. This video-focused role includes pitching and creating new shows, series, and new social formats. This role functions as part of the core Video team and is expected to master the standard tools and processes used by the team to produce content, including creation of video and editorial features as well as preview and social content.
- Produce video feature including but not limited to ideation, scripting/script editing, broll capture, and publishing.
- Seeing the content from concept to finish.
- Promoting content successfully and measuring success.
- Building and maintaining a working content and production calendar.
- Develop, host, and produce topical op-ed/vlog style weekly video series.
- Host various content in editorial, branded videos, and live videos.
- Write feature/op-ed articles where applicable.
- Produce content and appear on camera for various IGN platforms.
- Work with the IGN audience to build a strong sense of Community.
- Producing content that's community focused and fosters audience interaction.
- A reel of demonstrable work including: on camera hosting, scripting, editing.
- Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer editing experience.
- Strong eye for producing, and post-production.
- 3-5 years of production experience.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment.
- A positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Willingness to grow narrative voice and continually improve as a content creator.
- Passion for IGN, video games, movies, TV, and more.
It would be extra awesome if you had…
- A YouTube/Twtich/Mixer/or Channel or Following
- Experience covering entertainment and gaming coverage
- Studio experience
- Significant experience with non-linear editing.
- Strong understanding of emerging video production technique and technology
- Experience using networked video, Facilis, Avid or Avid Unity
- Experience managing video asset archives and servers
- Understanding of Internet trends, SEO principles, etc.
- Have done post-production at a TV, entertainment- or game-centric media company.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.