Head Coach - Overwatch Contenders
Be a part of the team forging tomorrow’s top Overwatch esports stars! GG Esports Academy is now recruiting a Head Coach to lead its Contenders-level Overwatch efforts. We need a leader that can facilitate smooth communication between players and staff, as well as oversee the personal and skills development of the scene’s aspiring talents.
Passion for Overwatch and esports is, of course, expected. But most important is a drive to spearhead specifically the development and maturation of young competitors – the guidance and mentorship needed to elevate them to the next step of their careers.
You will not be working alone, but alongside a staff of analysts, veterans, and esports professionals backed by a comprehensive industry-leading ecosystem of sister companies similarly dedicated to blazing the trail to esports’ next level.
Previous coaching experience within the Overwatch esports scene is necessary. A degree is not mandatory, but a relevant degree will be beneficial.
This is not a remote position. Qualified candidates must be willing to work out of our North Dallas offices.
- Candidate must demonstrate communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate fluent familiarity with the Overwatch esports scene.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and authority in often highly pressurized competitive environments.
- Must demonstrate ability to create and structure an effective practice environment.
- Must be able to enforce good habits and program rules, and build positive team values and cultures.
- Oversee both staff and players to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- Create and enforce rules set in partnership with management.
- Resolve team issues before they are escalated to management.
- Transparency with team needs and issues that cannot be solved without mediation.
Compensation & Benefits
To be discussed with qualified candidates.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or apply here.