HR Generalist, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M+ global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising businesses in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King’s 195+M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we’re planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are hiring for a HR Generalist in San Francisco to support our growing Ads business and would report to the HR Director of Advertising.
Your role within ABM
- Use your energy, HR expertise and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with a diverse set of business leaders.
- Work with HRD to create and implement talent strategies that are tailored to your client groups in order to address retention and development needs.
- Manage all full-cycle HR processes for the client group from on-boarding to off-boarding talent, including day-to-day coordination of strategic HR projects and activities in compensation and benefits, recruiting, employee relations, training, and development.
- Work closely with HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) to resolve complex and challenging problems through innovative and agile thinking
- Assist with HR processes such as: performance management, merit planning, talent planning, employee engagement surveys, and learning and development initiatives.
- Ensure ABM is a special and engaging place to work, embody our values and foster a high performance culture.
- Use knowledge to coach and advise managers, knowledge of employment legislation is a must.
- Initiate, enter, and manage employee changes, exits through existing People Systems (Workday).
- Assist in formulating and evaluating reports and data to provide appropriate analytical recommendations to client groups.
- Be an ambassador of diversity, inclusion, and culture.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Skills to create thrills
- Thrive in a fast paced, diverse and creative environment.
- Bachelor degree in HR/Business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years as an HR Generalist supporting an extremely fast paced team.
- Knowledge of HR practices, procedures, and programs; experience in all areas of the HR function, including: recruiting, new hire processing and paperwork, employee reviews, and legal issues relating to HR.
- Working experience of people systems: preferably Workday
- Advanced MS Office skills specifically in Excel (formulas, Vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Excellent service delivery and project skills - own and manage cyclical people processes.
- Be able to draw on best practices, external models, knowledge and network to continually drive improvement.
- Communication - use simple, engaging and appropriate ways to influence and communicate with stakeholders.
- Can-do attitude and proactive, solution-focused individual.
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one (or more!) of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö, Seattle, San Francisco and Stockholm along with offices in Chicago, LA, Malta, New York, and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) which acquired King in February 2016.
Activision Blizzard is a member of the Fortune 500 and S&P 500, and the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company.
We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world every day through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™.
We’ve been one of Fortune’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for the last four years. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we have operations throughout the world, and our games are played in 196 countries.
More information about our company and products can be found on our website, www.activisionblizzard.com.