We’re looking for an experienced growth expert to join us on a quest in helping all players get better and unlock their potential. You’ll have the chance to work on a personal performance analytics platform for gamers that is the first of its kind in a booming eSports industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means having the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world and working alongside hardcore video game enthusiasts (we are competitive so be ready for game nights and 1v1 challenges!). The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course, we want it to be a fun journey...
That’s where you come in! As the Head of Marketing, we want you to make sure that hardcore gamers who are absorbed in their ranked grind know we exist. We want you to point all those try-hards who are using inferior tools in the right direction, not because you have to, but because you can…for their sake. If something is going on in the eSports world, eventually we should be a part of it and you’ll be helping us steer that ship.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so whether you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan, or anything in between - it doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
Role specific skills we're looking for:
- We want you to oversee all marketing activities, take responsibility for the achievement of marketing goals, and contribute to the overall growth of the bottom line.
- We expect you to be a thought leader in the acquisition-learning agenda, focusing on meaningful tests to surface new strategies and creative executions to increase our acquisition effectiveness and efficiency.
- You should be able to plan and execute campaigns and multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously without the support of a large team.
- Creativity...we are looking for someone able to come up with cool ideas and turn them into reality.
- Someone who can play with our product, content, and brand to create impactful word of mouth within the gaming audience with the right message.
- Someone who is not afraid to explore new acquisition channels, test different ideas, and pick up new marketing technologies fast. Knowing how to rank up new skill trees is a must.
- We expect you to be a master of your craft.
- You should be a master in using at least a couple of channels we’re are focusing on (e.g. content marketing with a good experience in content promotion, SEO, influencers marketing, you name it).
- Strong grasp of the overall digital marketing ecosystem and how gamers specific channels (e.g. Reddit, Twitch, YouTube, Discord) play within it.
- You should be able to monitor the performance of our marketing activities like we monitor player performance using the GPI.
- Use analytics systems and reports to make evidence-based decisions.
- Keep track of our North Star Metric and make sure that all marketing and product goals are aligned.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience working with a consumer Internet subscription business.
- Fostering a culture of growth experimentation.
- Being a Reddit god.
Life skills we value:
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course, we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools around. Playing them may be enough, but to communicate to players effectively you must have some sort of latent desire to improve…No we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully, you will tell us what we need to be doing.
- We want “can do” people, not “can’t do” people. In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for a passionate community of competitive gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment.