The Sr Test Engineer is responsible for business-critical work that requires broad and deep business and test engineering technical knowledge to develop cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and software. The Sr Test Engineer works at the "systems" level under general direction and applies expert mastery of test engineering theory, methods, and techniques.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and implement advanced, novel, and cost-effective testing methods to test or troubleshoot software and systems.
- Set methods and technical priorities for complex technical/business matters related to test plans, strategies, and impact.
- Prepare a variety of novel test protocols and diagnostic programs to develop new product specifications and procedures.
- Develop plans, strategies, interpretive guidance, and recommendations that have long-term widespread technical and financial business impact.
- Build key relationships with company leaders and synthesize and communicate complex issues at high levels in and outside the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of experience in black box testing.
- 3+ years of experience Android systems and/or apps testing.
- Excellent understanding of the Android platform and tools, especially ADB.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact marketing performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to be detailed oriented while seeing trends, themes, and macro-impacts
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or more than five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to all types of inquiries. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in unusual situations. Ability to use effective deductive reasoning is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint or their analogs; Dropbox, G Drive and other file-sharing utilities; Bug reporting and test case management such as JIRA, Testrail or their analogs; and common enterprise solutions supporting procurement/financial processes.
Certificate and licenses:
No certificates or licenses required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
This position has no travel requirements.
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
Razer’s award-winning hardware ranges from high-performance gaming peripherals (for the PC and console platforms) to the Razer Blade gaming laptops. Razer’s software platform, with over 35M users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher). Razer services include Razer zGold, one of the world’s largest virtual credit services for gamers, which allows gamers to purchase virtual goods and items from over 2,500 different games.
The company has a global footprint with 9 offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the US, Europe and China.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, Razer is backed by institutional investors such as IDG-Accel, Intel Capital and Horizons Ventures.