Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Journalist, you'll be a fountain of creativity that’s always looking for exciting ways for players to experience content across all official Lol esports channels. Your experience as a writer and editor, along with your passion for bringing stories to life, will help fans of the European LCS make meaningful connections with League of Legends esports through awesome content.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming
- A veteran summoner: League isn’t just a game to you, it’s your lifestyle. Whether you play every day or keep up with your favourite` pro team’s games in the LCS, you constantly have League in your peripheral vision.
- A wordsmith: you write clearly and concisely in any written medium from email to tweet to 4,000 word manifesto; you're able to write in multiple styles and tones while communicating a clear message that leaves no room for misunderstanding, gaffe, or offense
- Team oriented: you're a flexible collaborator who makes it safe for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives; you develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship and your preference for no-bullshit communication
- Technically proficient: you're pro with the tools of web and professional content production, including hands-on experience with content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal, and know your way around solving basic HTML formatting puzzles
- A deft designer: you know how to lay out an article to make it grab the reader’s attention, smashing apart walls of text with interesting pull quotes and eye-catching pictures. And when in a pinch, you’re not half bad with Photoshop.
- Avid learner: you are always looking for new ideas and trends in journalism, editorial, and social media
- A masterful project manager: you map out clear and organized plans for project success, spreading workloads efficiently while challenging each team member to grow; you solve communication congestion and workflow speed bumps with ease, so information moves as quickly and efficiently as traffic on the Autobahn
- Results-driven: never satisfied, you consider anything less than surpassing your goals a total wash; you push the pace, motivating yourself and others to deliver results while consistently performing at the top of your game
- Work collaboratively with the Berlin esports Publishing team to come up with ideas to push the boundaries of League of Legends esports web and social media content
- Write and proofread articles that educate and excite League of Legends esports fans
- Identify and hire a team of enthusiastic freelance writers to assist with pumping out cool new content pieces
- Communicate with other international Lolesports teams to organize and coordinate the localisation and trafficking of Lolesports content
- Sync up with the Social Media team to find creative new ways to cross-promote content on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Track content performance, compile analytics and keep an eye on player sentiment to make sure we’re delivering the best content that fans enjoy
- Be willing to be on-call at irregular hours for publishing hands-on support: you’ll be attending all EU LCS shows, working late nights and weekends, and sometimes pulling weird hours for those big international events—that is, if you’re not travelling across the world for them.
- Stay connected with other players and be in sync with the latest happenings in and around League of Legends to make sure the content you produce is relevant and engaging
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.