We are Rookie - a community-driven learning platform for gamers designed to empower experienced players to monetize their game knowledge through online real-time coaching and on-demand classes.
We aim to provide a quality system that removes the management stress from both players and coaches, allowing them to just focus on what they do best - playing games and helping others reach their potential.
Rookie is a San Francisco-based startup consisting of ex-professional gamers and gaming executives with experience working in Zynga, SEGA, Tencent Games, Wargaming. Our mission is to raise the level of competition through content, coaching and tools to organize all your eSports needs.
Context of the role
Under the guidance of our Game Manager, together with our Content Team, our new Video Editor will join us as a key role in our process to create best-in-class content for our platform. As the Video Editor for Rookie you live and breathe video editing and possess great knowledge of Fortnite. You will work closely with our strong team of Content Creators to create visually appealing and easy to follow videos and classes. We will be growing fast, making the need for a driven and passionate Video Editor with great communication skills a key to our success.
- Create, manage and plan creative video content for Rookie
- Track, manage and report key performance metrics, objectives and goals
- Joining daily meetings with our Game Manager and content team
- Coming up with innovative and functional ways to edit entertaining and educational pieces
- Building extraordinary relationships with our team members
- Monitoring customer, market and competitor activity and providing feedback to company founding team
- Collaborate with the Product and Marketing teams to deliver best in class learning experience for users
- Attending conferences and events as required
- Edit and package videos in line with our branding strategy and creating the "Rookie-look"
- Eager to constantly stay up to date with the latest tools and trends in editing
- Proven experience working in video production (showreel and portfolio)
- Up to date editing software packages for both Video and Photo editing
- Deep understanding of Fortnite - preferably logging a lot of hours both watching and playing at a high level
- High level of flexibility - this is not your standard 9-5. You will be working in a high paced environment with varying amounts of work and unconventional hours
- Good skills in communication, working in a fast-paced environment as well as being an enthusiastic team player
- High level of creativity - solving problems will be part of your every day work, as will pitching your ideas to improve content
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledge of the eSports industry and how it has evolved the last years
- Experience in planning and structuring your and your team's time to meet deadlines and create value
- High level of dealing with setbacks, criticism and finding solutions
- The ability to maintain a high level of availability and working in an agile environment.
- Before and during launch: two months contract with fixed compensation.
- After launch: competitive salary and equity plan in and up-and-coming startup.
- The opportunity to work with a highly competent team with great experience in startups, business development and eSports.
- This includes a potential relocation including a full-time job. Working with the latest models in business and team development, you will expand your toolbox with skills in coaching, leadership and management.
- Never a boring moment - a varied workload makes for interesting and diverse days.