Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed as much as $40 billion in revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 8,000 game developers, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into a mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Using our patented technology stack, we’ve already hosted more than 500 million tournaments for 15 million players around the world.
Skillz has raised over $53 million in funding from sources including Telstra, Liberty Global, and the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets and Sacramento Kings. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, driven and enthusiastic teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with cutting-edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Super Mario Kart to Codenames over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding and building successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Skillz is looking for an attentive and meticulous Ad Operations Specialist to manage the overall execution and tracking of mobile advertising campaigns on our platform. The Ad Operations Specialist will focus their attention on a number of strategic ongoing relationships and initiatives. The Ad Operations Specialist will also coordinate the development of improvements to existing systems in conjunction with the Account Management and Product teams. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, have a strong attention to detail, and have a strong analytical and creative mind that thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. The Ad Operations Specialist has a very integrated position and inter-company communication is highly important.
What you'll do:
- Independently manage the setup, trafficking, and QA of Skillz’s multi-million dollar monthly mobile advertising budget across our network of mobile apps and games
- Interact on a day-to-day basis with partners’ ad-operations teams to ensure campaign efficacy & data integrity - independently escalating & resolving technical issues as they arise
- Identify new levers of operational optimization by analyzing on-going activities of current partners - while also highlighting data risks
- Provide reports to Accounting in matters of consequence and performance metric reports for management on the success of campaigns
- Work with Engineering to spec, create, test and rollout attribution tracking for new and existing product updates
- Partner with various teams - including Sales and Account Management - to deliver insights and recommendations and execute on optimizations
- Support the Project Leads during operational and business reviews and acting as a pivotal asset for any operational and technical discussion
- 2+ years of experience in a comparable role (Ad tech experience is a plus!)
- Ability to work with SQL and Tableau (Required)
- Basic understanding of computer programming
- Knowledge of the mobile ad-tech and ad-serving ecosystem and network dynamics
- Extremely detail-oriented self-starter who can operate with minimal oversight
- Ability to self-manage and juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, sense of humor, and a drive for results
- You enjoy identifying opportunities and implementing changes to improve performance
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and the Google Suite
- Experience operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Passion in mobile gaming or eSports
- BA/BS degree
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.