Product Marketing Manager
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed $5 billion in annual revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 4,000 game studios, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into the mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Skillz accounts for more than 30% of eSports prizes, and we’ve already hosted more than 100 million tournaments for 10 million players in over 180 countries.
We’ve raised over $28 million in funding from well-known venture capital firms as well as major sports team owners from the NFL, NBA and MLB. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, passionate and hardworking teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with bleeding edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What You'll Do:
Market and Game Developer Intelligence:
- Analyze market and developer data to draw insights that will influence the overall GTM plans and drive growth and accelerate business acquisition (Content/Demand Generation/Distribution/Events)
- Become a subject matter expert on the audience, product and market trends
- Create developer personas
- Go-to-Market Strategy
- Go-to-Market planning and strategy - Work with product managers, business development, marketing, sales and PR on the development of product, feature or insight activities, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create marketing promotional programs.
- Messaging & Content
- Product Positioning and Messaging - Create and communicate all new product value propositions, messaging and benefits so we have a consistent voice across all content outlets (website, internal partners, email, private events, forum posts, blogs, newsletters, video, infographics and webinars etc). Partner with PR to spread the great news about success stories and new product features
- Define and develop materials for inbound and outbound use to support marketing initiatives and demand creation programs. Materials include website content, marketing collateral, videos, eBooks, white papers, Blogs, newsletters and other documents
- Define and create product collateral including product data sheets, white papers, solution briefs, insight driven briefs and objection handling battle cards, presentations, videos, web content
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure the value proposition, assets, training, support structures, and enablement plans are all in place for good sales velocity
- Create & deliver sales enablement materials to the sales team, including sales training, presentation materials, reference guides, FAQs, scripts and battle cards that help drive sales and increase win rates
- Evangelism and Training
- Build senior-level relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and with top partners and act as the conduit between product and sales. Be involved in regular planning sessions (supporting AMs & Business Development) focused on the successful sell-in and execution of marketing programs, training & ensuring overall marketing objectives are achieved smoothly.
- ROI Driven
- Structure highly creative marketing programs so that benchmarks can be set and results achieved. Recommend and implement measurement methodologies and analyze program performance on an ongoing basis to ensure continual improvement.
- Successful track record in B2B or B2B2C product marketing with leading gaming brand/s. Experience in marketing digital advertising products and/or games developer/publisher marketing desirable
- Intelligent quick learner with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultative style
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to optimize resources and leverage knowledge to gain competitive advantage. Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision of the company, both internally and externally
- Excellent strategic planning skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Experience with agency management, acquisition marketing operations, platforms and technology.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of online, digital or app marketing experience.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Analytics or related field.