Tumblr Media Partnerships Intern
Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That’s why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
The Tumblr Media Partnerships team is searching for a tech savvy, pop culture loving intern to join our team! The ideal person for this position will have some prior experience working in tech, TV, film, music, sports, gaming / eSports and/or comics with passion for creative campaign building, data-backed marketing and being a great team player.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in creating inventive, exciting, and engaging activation pitches for clients
- Organize partnerships’ activations and opportunities in our internal CMS system
- Assist with execution of live premiere events and Tumblr Answer Times at HQ
- Gather analytics on trending topics, and track analytics for ongoing projects
- Create agendas and prep docs for Partnerships executive meetings
- Come up with ideas for potential Answer Times and activations based on people and topics trending in Tumblr Fandometrics
- Create the content and marketing programs that will focus on why Tumblr is relevant to the industry and how best to use the platform to meet marketing objectives
- Collaborate with partnerships managers and Tumblr Creative team to develop compelling, partner-facing materials Partner internally and externally to develop & distribute deep insights that matter to our customers
- Assist Tumblr Partnerships team with Tumblr VIP bootcamp, Tumblr Blue Carpet and Tumblr Red Carpet execution
What We’re Looking For
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters Program
- Humility, heart and hard work. This is a “we” team looking for a “we can do it!” vs. “I can do it!” mentality.
- A passion for rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done!
- Left- and right-brain thinker who draws energy from analytical and creative thinking
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills; team-first mentality
- Desire to help Tumblr become a vital part of clients’ marketing strategies
- Passion for marketing, media and digital, ideally from within the entertainment industry
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in or desire to learn about the TV, film, and music industries in the context of tech
- A love for and understanding of the Tumblr platform and user base
- Willingness to think outside of the box and come up with “first of their kind” ideas
- Passion! About comics, animation, books, sports, anything really!
- Problem solving and execution skills that are second to none; resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort tackling ambiguity
- A natural passion to become one of Tumblr’s Media & Entertainment ambassadors
- Solicit regular feedback from manager to insure progress
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at [email protected], or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.