Fresh from ending 2016 as the worlds #1 social publisher, UNILAD Esports was launched to compete in FIFA, and was marked by the signing of one of the most successful FIFA players in the world: Spencer “Gorilla” Ealing. This was followed by the signing of Shellz (FIFA) and a Call of Duty roster in late 2017.
Due to this growth, the Esports team is looking for a Social Media Manager to lead and inform the digital efforts for the department covering both, players and events. You will be executing campaigns, creating engaging content and continuously learning more about the world of Esports. Occasional travel to games and events for on-site social media coverage will be required.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and executing social media content to support overall social media and company initiatives across community engagement, competitive coverage, and customer service
- Bonding with our competitive teams and capture moments to share with fans
- Executing social media campaigns across our existing Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & develop our Twitch presence; keeping an eye out for emerging platforms.
- Supporting competitive coverage, which can take place at all hours of the day or night. Occasional travel to games and events for on-site social media coverage
- Supporting Head of Operations and GM with research of potential partnerships, industry events, game publishers, etc.
- Analysing affiliate behaviour analytics, spot trends in the data and suggest improvements to the way we speak to pro players, YouTubers and Pro Teams.
- Train players to increase their social engagement
What you will need:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience managing a social media department working in an agency or corporate environment.
- Understanding of and passion for eSports, video and mobile gaming is essential.
- Knowledge of social media tools: scheduling/posting, reporting/analysis.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro (or similar) is ideal.
- Proactive, highly motivated team player, great work ethos; highly organized and meticulous planner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills, content development, presentation.
- Available to work nights and most weekends if required.
Established in 2014, by millennials for millennials, as a single Facebook channel and website, UNILAD has expanded into the world’s leading social first channel, successfully building an unrivalled brand affinity across the globe. Originally licensing viral content, we evolved into an original content producer, blending the best viral videos with premium original content built for social. With just under a billion engagements, and over 25 billion video views in 2016 alone, UNILAD have matured into the most engaged and viewed channel on the planet. Launching a suite of channels in the last 18 months, we are now the fastest growing media property in the world.