This job has been listed for more than 90 days, it may no longer be available.
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
OPNoobs (opnoobs.com) is a young startup making a name for itself in the esports scene. We work with independent game developers and host tournaments around the titles they develop which are geared toward competitive multiplayer online gaming. One of the services we offer is community grooming for the tournaments and for that we are looking for a Community Manager.
As Community Manager you:
- engage the members of the community via Discord, Steam, Skype, and email in the weeks leading up to an event so as to crate cohesion
- screen the player community for individuals that exhibit leadership and approach them about becoming team leaders who rally other team members around them
- mediate between the teams and OPNoobs in order to coordinate the upcoming events and pin down the formalities about rules and regulations.
You should have some familiarity with esports, competitive multiplayer online gaming, and streaming video games on Twitch. Most importantly, you should have enthusiasm for video games and the indie scene and find it easy to engage people even if that engagement doesn't necessarily happen face-to-face.
Please apply by sending:
- a cover letter describing your experience with engagement of communities, esports, and indie video games
- your resume.
This is a remote working position for which you need an internet connection with reasonable speed and reliability.
This is a contract position and you would be deployed leading up to and during an upcoming monthly event. The exact amount of hours varies and is not full-time.
Job Type: Contract
- Community Outreach: 1 year