Responsible for creating and enhancing revenue streams related to Esports programs for the Orlando Magic.
Reports To: Chief Sales Officer
Indirectly Reports To: Sr. Vice President, Corporate Partnership & Premium Activation
Indirectly Reports To: Director of Magic Gaming, Business Strategy
Game night responsibilities: No
Approximate number of games worked per season: None
Event night responsibilities: Yes
Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strive to achieve company and department goals and objectives while meeting Esports sales goals.
- Achieve Esports sales quotas through both new business of advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Identify Esports partnership leads, prepare and present proposal to potential clients.
- Manage Esports prospect list as assigned/developed/drafted.
- Responsible for accounts receivables related to new Esports partnership deals.
- Develop an understanding of metrics related to social media, streaming and onsite engagements.
- Develop an understanding of in market promotions and how the concept will benefit the partner and raise the profile of the Magic Gaming brand.
- Develop an understanding of ROI strategies.
- Make outbound calls and schedule meetings according to department expectations.
- Provide Chief Sales Officer with updated daily & weekly reports related to:
- COTC category/prospect analysis
- Sales Revenues
- Meetings Schedule
- Sales Prospecting
- Prospect Progress
- Accounts Receivables
- CRM input and utilization
- Understand core departmental selling philosophies.
- Negotiate sponsor contracts pending final approval by Chief Sales Officer.
- Effectively communicate client expectations and contractual obligations to appropriate internal departments.
- Effectively manage and activate account to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables in coordination with the Esports team.
- Prospect new businesses and categories for Esports potential clients.
- Develop strong, long-term relationship with both clients and co-workers.
- Understand and manage client needs and organizational goals to create innovative revenue generating programs.
- Attend team and community events to establish and build client partnerships.
- Event responsibilities include Grassroots meetings, meet & greets, hosting tournaments with gamers, etc.
- Makes decisions guided by precedent and based on company policy
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of sponsorship sales experience required (sponsorship, media sales and broadcast sales experience preferred).
- Proven track record of reaching sales quotas and working in a competitive sales environment required.
- Experience developing marketing plans, promotions, presentations and proposals required.
- Personal and/or professional experience in Esports gaming required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.