The eSports market is the focus of huge amounts of attention, from the media, the sports world and the betting industry. It is a multi-billion pound industry.
SIS is looking at how it can play a role in the development of the betting market on eSports, by partnering with content providers and working with betting operators to find ways to maximise the value for both parties. A project is underway to deliver an innovative eSports product into the market in 2018 and the role of eSports Content Owner is to take ownership of this project, bring it to market and then develop the SIS eSports content portfolio in the months and years to come. This is a very immature market and the role requires a truly entrepreneurial spirit in order to plot SIS route to profitability.
You will acquire or create the rights for all SIS product containing eSport content, for Retail, Digital, or International use, creating, negotiating and managing contracts for all content provision from all international jurisdictions. You will manage relationships within the eSport industry in all relevant markets – content owners and suppliers, press and media, industry associations, and monitor both competitor and market activity to ensure that SIS is best placed to maintain a long-term position as an industry leader.
Accountable for all content initiatives that deliver sales and customer retention, you will deliver positive P&L against product category, assessing financial viability of rights agreements. You will manage the end to end rights acquisition process, including coordination and management of bids & tender documents through to contract negotiation & finalisation.
Identifying suitable content, mainly live pictures and data, for SIS to exploit for the digital market, through relationships with rights holders, governing bodies, leagues, federations and/or with partners, you will engage with partners and form partnerships to share and develop content.
Working closely with digital, product, technical, finance and commercial teams within SIS to develop and deliver best in class new content streams, new products & integration, you will participate in product development and contribute to the launch of any new products arising from that product development.
In order to do this, you will have the following skills/experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of a broad spectrum of sports and content rights across the globe, with a particular focus on eSports
- An in-depth knowledge of bookmaking and media and be able to understand the needs of the marketplace
- Depth of experience of working with content /rights in the betting/gaming industry or for a rights holder or sporting body.
- Solid experience as an end to end buyer of content/rights.
- Proven expertise in creating digital content and products for media and/or bookmakers
- Ability to network and influence senior stakeholders in sporting and industry bodies
- Proven track record of Product launches
- Excellent relationship builder and communicator.
- Strong stakeholder liaison skills an ability to forge solid working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent collaborator and team player.
- Strong project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and able to focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
- Self-motivation, ability to work on own initiative.
- Encouraging high performance in teams. Creating an environment that supports the development of others and inspires confidence.