theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower the sports fan’s experience. theScore esports is the industry leading esports news source and content creator, producing and covering the biggest stories from esports on web and our industry leading mobile app.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of theScore esports social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Reddit
- Execute theScore esports social media programs in conjunction with product, marketing and content stakeholders
- Manage and moderate theScore esports social media presence across all active social networks
- Collaborate with creators in developing and creating social specific content i.e. posts, videos, pictures
- Identify and surface relevant social content for each appropriate channel
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics and create actionable items
- Other duties as required
- Social media experience, preferably with a publisher
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to write intelligently, conversationally, and with engagement
- Experience creating content using Photoshop and other visual tools; graphic design and video editing experience considered an asset
- An esports fan with a thirst for everything and anything esports related.
- Understand what games are popular across Twitch & social platforms, even outside of traditional esports
- Ability to write must-click headlines and recognize social content that appeals to current and potential followers
- Experience actively following the latest in digital and social media
- Proficient computer skills including social media applications (i.e. TweetDeck, Hootsuite, etc.) with an aptitude to learn new applications and technology quickly
- Familiarity with social analytics tools such as Facebook analytics, Twitter analytics, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours i.e. weekends and nights
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 17, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.